I am available for new side projects now and full-time engagements on (or possibly before) October 1, 2010.
My resume is up to date and I've started to interview (with good feedback and results, but nothing offered in my range of skills and experience) and have started investigating some ventures with former colleagues too.
I don't have an ideal project, but I have an ideal niche at a company (or companies, if a few want part-time engagements) that needs someone:
- Who is smart and gets things done
- Who knows technology inside and out - with breadth and depth
- Honest, straightforward, accurate, fast, with proven track record
- Dedicated to building quality systems and team
- Who is a general systems thinker and understands systems
- Dedicated to the company, the product, the team and happy customers
- Who can talk to other technical people and be respected
- Who can talk to business people and understand their needs
It just sounds too good to be true doesn't it?
I think that's a problem, and I don't know how to solve it. Because for the last 16 years, I have really made a great impact on 3 companies in very different ways and different roles - all blending very ambitious technology with business needs and tight constraints on team, budget and time.
Here's a letter I tried with no response so far:
I noticed you recently advertised a position or came up on my radar as